About this event
Explore how to secure your code by enabling various security features and get the most value from GitHub Advanced Security.
Suitable for: Individuals responsible or interested in application security
Date: October 10, 2023
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am AEST
Location: Microsoft, 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060
During this session, you'll see how to maximise the benefits of GitHub Advanced Security.
- Walk through various configuration options for secret scanning in private repositories.
- Turn on and configure code scanning on an intentionally vulnerable repository
- Explore vulnerabilities in pull requests
- See how all security alerts can be viewed in a consolidated dashboard.
Feel free to follow the presenter and set up dependency, secret and code scanning in a provided private repository.
- Laptop without restrictions to connect to github.com through public wifi
- Github.com username without an underscore in it.
- GitHub Advanced Security license is not required for this workshop. However, if you already have GitHub Advanced Security in your organisation, you will be able to apply the techniques covered in the workshop to private repositories in your company's GitHub organisation.