The 2.20 release of GitHub Enterprise Server is now available.
Check out this webinar to learn about the new features in GitHub Enterprise Server 2.20. You can also see the full release notes.
- Internal repository is a repository that can be viewed by members belonging to any of the Organizations. By using the Internal repository, you can practice InnerSource across Organizations. GHES 2.20 has shipped with important changes to repository visibility as well as an optional migration to convert public repository into internal repository.
- On a repository branch, repository administrators can reject any push that contains a merge commit by enabling Require linear history using branch protection rules.
- Repository administrators can grant all users with push access the ability to force-push to a protected branch by enabling Allow force pushes using branch protection rules.
- Repository administrators can grant all users with push access the ability to delete a protected branch by enabling Allow deletions using branch protection rules.
- Administrators can set a max object size limit on repositories, limiting the size of push commits to a repository that are not in Git LFS.
- Organization owners can create a set of default labels when creating a new repository.